Are you ready to explore some captivating local history along the banks of the Maumee River on a GPS-guided driving tour of Northwest Ohio? History Along the Maumee uses VoiceMap, a location-aware app that works like a podcast that moves with you, telling stories about what you’re seeing, as you're seeing it! Here's how to get started...
1) Install the free VoiceMap app from the Apple or Google Play Stores.
2) Sign in or create a free account.
3) Select Toledo from the list of cities.
4) Then select History Along the Maumee. The tour costs $9.99—you pay via your Apple or Google account.
5) Tap on the red download button. Allow ALL the files to finish downloading before you close the app.
6) When the download is finished, the download button will change from red to green, and instead of seeing the price, you’ll see the word “Start”. Now head over to Ottawa Street in front of the Owens Corning building and get started!
We're excited about sharing the magic of GPS-guided walks and drives with VoiceMap. History Along the Maumee is just our first of many more VoiceMap tours we'll be sharing. Enjoy!